Welcome to Room 8
In Room 8 we are all friends. We start every day with our morning song and welcome everybody back into school that day. This year we will be learning lots of things. Some of the things we have been learning will be shared on our website. We will also share some of our photos on the school Twitter page. We hope you enjoy looking at all of the fun times we have had.
**IMPORTANT CLASS INFORMATION**
- Mrs Hughes will be supported by Mrs Scott and Mr Coleman in the classroom.
- Mrs Grady will teach the children on a Monday all day and will cover exciting things such as Expressive Arts and RME.
- For those who choose and pay for school lunch, lunch costs £1.65 and milk costs 20p – payments should be made through Parent Pay.
- P.E. Days are Monday (inclusion with Room 13) and Wednesday (Room 8 only).
- We will attend swimming on a Thursday for 12 weeks in the first term. Please ensure children have all of their swimming things.
- We have the woods every Friday afternoon. Please ensure children have suitable clothing.
- Homework will be given out on a Monday and should be returned on a Friday. If you have any problems with homework please let me know by writing in the communication diary.
As we head into the winter months we are aware that transport to and from school can be challenging. In the event that children cannot make it into school here are some activities they can do at home:
- Help make a snack or meal – can you follow a recipe?
- Set up a play shop at home. Use real coins to buy things from the shop. Can you work out how much change you would receive?
- RM EasiMaths – Log onto https://glow.rmunify.com/ – you will find the EasiMaths tile there. If your child is registered to use it they will have their Log In their communication folder.
- Keep a diary of your Snow Day – What activities did you do? Who did you do them with? What did you enjoy about your snow day?
- Read a book or comic for enjoyment or listen to a story from https://www.storylineonline.net/ tell someone at home about the story.
You can also log onto some of the following websites which has lots of activities:
Science – Magnetism
Room 8 loved learning about magnetism and trying lots of different magnets. We could feel the force of the magnets pushing against one another and loved when they stuck together. Using some large magnets, we went on a magnetic walk round the class. Some of the items in the class were magnetic and we knew this because the magnet stuck to the items. We even managed to create wonderfully pieces of artwork using magnets.
Cosy Café – Tortilla Pizzas
We all love cooking in Room 8 – we made our first visit to the Cosy Café and made some healthy tortilla pizzas. Some of us put on a tomato base, ham and cheese and others mixed it up a little. We practised our slicing and chopping skills and Mrs Scott helped us to use the hot oven to cook them. Some children in the class also wanted to taste their pizzas! Yum scrum!