Snow Days/Adverse Weather Activities
In the event that we have adverse weather over the next few weeks and the children cannot make it into school, here are some activities that they can do at home:
- Have fun in the snow. Can you build a snowman, make a snow angel, write your name or draw a picture in the snow?
- RM Maths
- Topmarks website (lots of literacy and numeracy games)
- Doorway Online website (literacy and numeracy activities)
- Read books
- Draw a snowy picture
For our new topic on the Local Area, we have been learning all about different types of houses. We decided to build our own houses.
To celebrate Burn’s day we designed and created our very own tartan kilts.
We also enjoyed tasting Scottish foods. Tablet was our favourite.
The Gingerbread Man
After reading the Gingerbread man, we decided to go out into the woods and make a den to keep the Gingerbread man safe from the sly fox.
Our topic is called Fairytales. We have been enjoying reading lots of fairytales and also finding out about castles. We decided to design and create our very own castles. We worked together to plan, make and then decorate our castles. They are fantastic!
We are thoroughly enjoying our visits to Hamilton Accies. We always enjoy the sensory cabin and then have great fun at the outdoor beach. Each week we try to build an even bigger sandcastle.
We had great fun at the Karate taster session last week.
Room 4 have been working very hard to develop their skills in all curricular areas. Below are some activities which they can work on at home to support their development:
- Reading books – school reading books and any books they have at home will effectively support literacy skills. Linking stories to personal experiences and asking them to make predictions about what might happen next are great activities.
- Common word hunt – children can go on a hunt around the house and look for words that match the words in their word tubs.
- RM Maths – everyone has their own log in for RM Maths and Room 4 enjoy working through the activities available.
- Topmarks and Doorway Online websites – these websites have lots of great interactive activities to support numeracy and literacy.
- Our IDL topic this term is Day and Night. The children have engaged well with stories and drawings about Day and Night, we recently read ‘Night Monkey, Day Monkey’. They may also wish to look online for any additional information about day and night, for example what creatures come out during the day and which at night.
If your child has completed any activities at home that they wish to share, please send them into school and we can share our learning during morning group.
On a Tuesday and Wednesday Room 4 join Room 1 for gym. This term we have been working on gymnastics. We have practised balancing and jumping so far but we will be moving on to other aspects of gymnastics during the rest of the term. Below are some photos of us hard at work in the gym hall.
Last week Room 1 and 4 were learning all about Scotland. On Friday afternoon we finished this by trying some different foods from Scotland. We tried haggis, neeps and tatties, shortbread, potato scones, oatcakes, porridge and a tiny taste of some Irn Bru. Shortbread was definitely the favourite but everyone enjoyed trying the different foods.
Room 1 and 4 had a super visit to the library today. We listened to the story ‘First Hippo on the Moon’ by David Walliams and had a treasure hunt in the library. To finish off our visit we made a rocket like the rocket from the story. Everyone had a great time!
In Room 4 we participate in Purposeful Play activities each week. Here are some snapshots of us taking part in our favourite Purposeful Play activities.
Fine Motor Skills
Room 4 practise their Fine Motor Skills each day. We use lots of different activities to practise.
We have been very busy this year working on Active Literacy activities. Here are some photos of us hard at work.
Welcome to Room 4!
Welcome to the Room 4 website page! We hope you have all had a wonderful summer.
We have had a busy few days settling in and getting to know the routines of the class and school. Our gym days will be a Tuesday and a Wednesday and we will join up with Room 1 for this time.
We look forward to sharing all of our hard work on our page!