Week Beginning 16th March 2020
In literacy we have been focusing on the following chapters:
- Cracking Capitals: Divided City Chapters 22-28
- Perfect Parentheses: Krindlekrax Chapters 25-36
In numeracy we have been working on the following:
- Perfect Percentages: fractions, using equivalent fractions, improper fractions and mixed numbers.
- Divine Decimals: Percentages and that they are another way to show hundredths. Working out simple percentages of the cost of items. linking percentages with fractions and decimals.
As part of out IDL topic work on Chine we have been focusing on the Terracotta Army.
P7 Fun Day
Room 17 had a great time using the VR headsets. We visited Pearl Harbour, the beaches of Normandy and Hiroshima.
Bikeability Level 1
A huge well done to the Primary 6’s who all passed their level 1 Bikeability award.
Bonfire Safety Posters
We have had a great first week getting to know each other in our new class. For our Primary 7 pupils it will be their final year at Chatelherault Primary School and we hope to make some fantastic memories along the way.
The class page will allow us to share the learning journey in class as well as any fun events. Our P.E. days are on a Tuesday and a Thursday each week. Please bring a full P.E. kit on these days.
Our trip to the outdoor learning centre, Lockerbie Manor will take place from Monday 26th August until Friday 30th August. More information can be found on our school website.
All Homework will be issued on a Monday and should be returned on the Friday. Homework tasks can be completed in any order and amount to best fit around family life.
Adverse Weather Activities
Learning At Home
In case we are unable to get to school due to weather conditions, here are some activities you could try at home:
- Read your class novel or a book of your own choice.
- Practice your spelling words in the snow and take some pictures of these. These could be posted on Google classroom for your peers to see.
- Help around the house, perhaps you could wash up, hoover, make your bed or make a snack for yourself or others.
- RM Easimaths.
- Use Google Earth to explore the popular attractions or landmarks in a city of your choice.
- Go onto Topmarks to complete some maths or literacy activities. Choose an area we are working on in class.